5. heinäkuuta 2009

Me

Kuva viime torstailta, helle suorastaan väreilee ilmassa. Ja kiitos, Unna on tosi näpsäkkä ja nopea malli neuloa.


Secret Pal 14 is about to start. I'm anxiously waiting for the info about my pal, my spoilee. For my own spoiler, this is my questionnaire. I'll edit it if something pops into my mind later.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibers, wool, alpaca and silk are my favourites. I absolutely don't like acryclics or any other synthetics. Equally I don't like glitter or fancy new effect yarns. For spinning, wool (like BFL or Shetland) is best, somehow merino (for spinnng) feels sort of plastic in my hands.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I'll show you:


The best needles are there. Well, actually KnitPicks are in their original pouches. The not so good ones, are in a closet - nearly forgotten.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting all my life. In 1975 my mother had a new baby and accordingly her hands full. My granny had broken her leg and nothing to do. So she taught me to crochet and later to knit. So it's been about 34 years now. If I think strictly about knitting, following patterns, then I consider myself advanced. But, I'm not capable of designing cardis or sweaters or anything complex, so in a way intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, Amazon.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I'm allergic to scents! My sinuses get blocked and I can't breath. Vanilla (not too strong) is my only perfume.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes. Chocolate (not dark and no raisins).

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love to try anything! I knit, crochet, spin (I have both a wheel (Kromski Sonata) and a spindle (Bosworth)). I've tried Tunisian crochet (too slow, but lovely result) and naalbinding. I have a small loom and sometimes I even sew and do cross stitching and bobbin lace.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My music taste is a bit special (Rajaton, Maria Kalaniemi, Club for Five) Yes, my computer can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite colour(s)? Any colours you just can't stand?
Green in all its shades (not neon), red (not pink!), burnt orange are my favourites.
I hate pink, beige, lilac, dirty yellow, yellow and blue together or yellow and lilac together.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm on my own, I have two furry kiddies (=two cats).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Everything goes except hats.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks! And scarves and mittens and gloves and cardigans and shawls.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm sort of between works... I always have a pair or two of socks going.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Definitely!!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars, wood or bamboo. (I adore KnitPro's wooden dpns (15 cm) and circulars.)

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I just frogged quite a lot of work that'll never be finished. But there should be a shawl somewhere from last autumn.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I'm not particularly a holiday person. Midsummer is nice with all the light and green nature. Christmas is nice too, because of the days off.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn ;) Knitting books.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Just now I can't think of any. I susbcribeto IK, Designer Knitting (Vogue Knitting's international version), Spin Off and a couple of Finnish magazines. I'm thinking about Piecework... I'll let you know if something comes to my mind.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Probably there are, but I just haven't heard about them yet.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. A small foot - the length of the foot should be 23 cm.

23. When is your birthday?
12th January

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, I am - Villasukka (that is a woolly sock in English)