30. toukokuuta 2008

SP12 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Wool! And anything natural goes. I don't like artificials and not too much cotton, nor the so called novelty yarns. The yarn should be thin (the thinner, the better). Anything thick or fancy or glittery - oh no!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Wooden boxes.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

First I learnt to crochet at the age of 5 (33 years ago... my granny taught me) and knitting soon followed. I can follow any pattern - so advanced, but I can't really create my own patterns - so intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Amazon wish list

5. What's your favorite scent?

Vanilla - that's the only scent I can use, I'm allergic to scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Chocolote!!! (not too dark though)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Knitting, crochet, weaving, bobbin lace, spinning - spinning is my newest and at the moment dearest passion!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

My musical taste is a bit weird. I like Finnish a cappella groups like Rajaton and Club for Five. Jamie Culllum is one of my favourites as well.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love red (not pink!) and green. I can't stand lilac, pink, brown, anything glittery. And beige is not a colour...

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm on my own, single. I have too cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I don't like hats but all the others are more than fine.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks and scarves.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Just finished a shrug. Thinking of socks. Or a scarf for a friend.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Oh, yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circular. Bamboo or KnitPicks harmony.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I have them both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Last year...

18. What is your favorite holiday?

The Finnish Midsummer.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Yarn and fibre. Books. Cat hair ;)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I have soooooo many books. There's a list on my blog (or google.docs) but I should update it.... I subscribe to Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits and some Finnish magazines.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'd love to be a better spinner...

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I love socks, I wear them all year round. My foot is smallish, 23.5 cm. Usually, when I knit socks for myself, I make them a bit too small - that way they fit nicely and tightly.


23. When is your birthday?

12th of January

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Villasukka